Contact me

Friday, September 10, 2010

Daily sketch

It's really hard to draw something some days. I have many ideas and projects going on right now so sometimes I'm just feeling burnt out and I don't want to worry or work on any current stuff. When this happens I find it comforting to fall back on what I naturally enjoy and what comes easy to me. I don't have to focus on pushing myself or making sure I try something new, I want to avoid making it frustrating and just go with what's natural.

While I really like graphic detailed drawings, I must say that cute, round stuff has always been my favorite stuff to draw. For some reason I have no shortage of ideas when it comes to making something cute. This one is a little robot, I imagine him to be about 4 inches big. I thought it would be cool if you plugged him in and he just hovered around your desk or work space hanging you pencils and different tools that you needed. Maybe he would tell you the time or be a little alarm for you as well!

Anyways, the moral of the story is, if you REALLY don't feel like drawing just relax and do what comes naturally. Ignore all the stress of ongoing projects or whatever may be bothering you and go back to the basics. Just have fun!




No comments: