Contact me

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Urban Godz concept

Tada! Here are my initial ideas and sketches for the first of my Urban Godz, Hermes. I started with him because he will be the one who is most like me! For those who dont know Hermes was the god of thieves, travelers, and merchants. He was also the messenger of the gods and is best known for his sandals and helmet that have wings on them.




I like the glasses and the laid back hoodie style here. Not sure about his headphones and overall "happy" attitude though.


Some hairstyles. One thing I want to maintain is their "Godly" feeling. I feel as if a couple of things like strange hairstyles and having pure white eyes will help this. I'm probably going with the fauxhawk one in the middle.


I'm liking this one. Not so sure about some details like his nose and mouth but this is the one I will take to my digital sketches for reference.




I actually did this wing first before any actual drawing of Hermes. I wanted this to be what I pulled from. In the end I'm going for a more cartoon feeling, I went a bit further with this so I can edit down and take what I like. This will be the wings on his shoes. He will be wearing some godly Chuck Taylor's!

No comments: