Contact me

Friday, August 27, 2010

Chalk it up

I think I mentioned that I work at Whole Foods and may have referenced my cash register. I am indeed a cashier but the other half of my week I am the store chalkboard artist! I feel truly lucky that I can go to work and draw all day long. I must also admit that Im usually painting and drawing on black poster board. There is no real chalk involved. I do have experience with chalk art but I must say Im happy that I get to use paint, something I'm much more comfortable with. Ive done many signs and really haven't photographed any so I went back and snapped a few shots of some signs that are still up, some that have been retired and then some that haven't been used yet. Enjoy!





Here are a couple shots of my work space! My own little artist loft in the store.



I really like this one. All the writing was sort of a pain but these were things that I would have never drawn on my own so each fruit was fun.


Here's a newer one. We're trying to reach 7,500 bucks to put a salad bar in a local school. I like this one but think it will look better when it's all filled in. And I'm not just saying that because I want the salad bar in a school, I really think it will look better colored in.

This is a fun one. It's a huge calendar at up in the front of the store. This is cool because I get to do a new header each month and it's fun to come up with different themes.  Back to school for August!

Obviously another back to school sign. I really enjoyed doing this one.


 Gotta like this one. This bus is actually huge. 8 feet long by about 5 feet high. I had a blast doing this and I think everyone in the store likes it too!


Each week our meat and seafood departments have a different item on sale. It's always fun to come in and see what I have to draw this week. Yum yum, rock fish!


I like how the bag looks in this one. I don't think I would like this one as much if weren't hung in such a cool spot under the ivy.



Tada! This months calender header. It's Whole Foods 30th bday!




And last is the June header, easily one of my favorite signs I've done.


1 comment:

Dee said...

Bud, I love love love the June header. This all looks like it would be so fun to work on. You are lucky to have such a cool job!